Monday, November 5, 2012

What Path?



Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  1 Corinthians 13:6-7  NIV

Trust God! That is easy to say, but sometimes it is very difficult to do. When we are faced with a problem is our first reaction to trust God? Many things come into our mind. Perhaps some of them follow:

How can we fix the situation?
How can we keep out of trouble?
How can we stop anymore damage?
How can we get people to do what I need?
Where can we get the things we need?

The common thread in all of these is that we are looking for what we can do and not what God can do. Why do we continually look to ourselves for the answers to our problems when we have a Love living in our hearts that will guide us on the best course? Will God really lead us astray? Should we really fear the path the Jesus leads us on? Is that the Jesus we know? Really? Really?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It is such a simple idea, yet a huge moutain that stands in the way of my REALLY depending on God, or just calling on Him when my best ideas have failed to solve a situation. Yet, when I am really in that groove, and feel secure in His Grace, there is no better experience. My humanity reached for that things I can see and touch and my soul reached for Grace, Its just a human thing to want the things I can prove first.

    ReplyDelete