Thursday, October 25, 2012

How is it with your soul?


Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you - Psalm 116:7 NIV

I was in a meeting the other day with our senior pastor and he started it out by asking “How is it with your soul?” I have been thinking about the song It is Well With My Soul ever since then. The song keeps blasting into my brain at the most unlikely times. I find that I will begin to hum the melody at the strangest of times. I also have begun to ask, “How is it with my soul?” I would like to ask you the same question. Many times as Christians living our life we begin to loose sight of what is important. We can look back at our lives and see when and where God has touched our lives in remarkable ways. Yet in the great rat race of our lives these things get forgotten about. They lose prominence. We forget all that Christ has done for us. Take some time and think about the love of Christ and what He has done for you. When we can see clearly the depth of that Love it is remarkable how well our soul becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment