Thursday, April 4, 2013

Every Time I Think I've Got It Made



The Rock, his work is perfect, and all his ways are just.  A faithful God, without deceit, just and upright is he;    Deuteronomy 32:4 NRSV

We are going through some changes. I think changes are a part of life. Every time I am faced with a change in my life I begin to sing Bowie’s “Changes”. So for your listening pleasure one of my favorite artist.  The thing that I have learned about the inevitable changes that we are faced with in life is that we become presented with an opportunity to see God at work in our life. In all of the changes we are faced with we encounter two things. The first is that we mourn those things that we have lost. This presents us with the chance to see how God heals and touches our hearts, filling our soul with His love. The second thing we encounter is newness. This gives us the opportunity to see how God is working in our life, bringing us ever greater experiences in which we grow and become better Christians. The reason that we fear these changes in our life is because we do not trust that God will fulfill His promise. We do not think that God will be there when we hurt, and we will hurt. We do not think that God will be there to grow us when the change is not what we were expecting, and the change will not be what we are expecting. Just remember that God’s work is perfect, and all God does will be right for you. He is a faithful God, does not lie to us, and is our defender.

No comments:

Post a Comment