Monday, March 11, 2013

Red Flag Revival


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, Colossians 3:23 NIV
I have been crossing paths with Jovan frequently. He is working as a traffic director, helping people to cross in a congested area. Jovan is alive. He smiles and tells everyone hello. He dances and encourages everyone to have a great day. He definitely has his own style. He stands out. I told him that he brightens my day every time I cross the street. This is our conversation.
“I wanted to tell you that you brighten my day every time I cross the street.” I said. Jovan said, “Thanks, you know people think I’m tripping, but I’m not on anything. They can drug test me all they want, they aren’t going to find anything in me.” I said, “You inspire me, I was thinking that no matter what job someone is doing, if they have a good attitude, they can really have a great effect on others.” He replied, “It’s all work for God, It don’t matter ‘cause it’s all work for God.”
He is so right. We as Christians have so much influence over those around us. We can bring so much joy and happiness. Joy becomes contagious. Often we may think that we do not matter. Or we may feel that the little things we do in our life are inconsequential. They only become little when we forget that we are working for God at all times. When we can maintain the idea or thought that we are acting to bring God to others, the possibility to do great things increase tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment