Friday, October 5, 2012

Welcome Home, Make Yourself Uncomfortable

Welcome Home, Make Yourself Uncomfortable

Hello one and all, I would like to introduce you to my new blog. The plan, at least for now, is to blog about how we live our christian life. I remember the old saying, "Don't discuss religion or politics in polite company." We will talk about religion, but will stay away from politics. I would also like to add that I am by no means an expert on any of the topics that I will be discussing. People have been arguing over the very things we will be exploring for many years. I really don't expect us to solve any of these problems. It is my hope that I get some thinking going on.

Where are you the most comfortable? I am the most comfortable in my bed. Oh, it is so soft. When I lay down I actually let out a sigh. The problem is that I can't stay in my bed. Sooner or later (usually it is  sooner) I have to get up and get going. I just can't stay forever in bed. I have to become uncomfortable. Our faith is kind of the same way. We can't stay forever in the comfort zone. Our relationship with Christ will begin to stagnate. Striving to grow into what God wants us to be is what we call walking toward perfection. Sometimes this requires us to take chances. I would like to say that every time we take a chance it works out good, but it doesn't. That is why it is a chance. I had a really good friend who once told me "A turtle will never get anywhere unless he sticks his neck out!" So the first thing I would like us to think on is this. Do we need to grow into what God wants us to become.  Before we can grow we need to become convinced that we actually need to grow.

So, do you need to grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment